Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/542377540/0/onemileatatime/
British Airways often gets a bad rap in the miles and points community because of the steep surcharges they slap onto award tickets. The Air Passenger Duty (APD) fee on flights out of the U.K. really hikes up the cash cost of awards.
Not to beat a dead horse, but British Airways’ distance-based award chart doesn’t offer competitive redemption options in many cases, which only exacerbates the issue. However, there are some fun sweet spots in the award chart you won’t want to miss.
As a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and the soon-to-be-extinct SPG program, you won’t have any trouble getting your hands on Avios when you need them. Chase also issues the British Airways Visa Signature® Card, which currently allows you to earn 100,000+ Avios as part of the welcome offer.
With this in mind, I wanted to share some great ways to use your Avios. This list is by no means comprehensive, but it should get you thinking about how Avios can help you book your next trip or expand it to include more destinations.
- @Tabea Taxes & fees are illegal on flights originating from … by Mike G
- Not sure what people mean with ” no taxes fees and … by Tabea
- Spencer, I have a couple of questions. one, I have an Avios … by MANUEL MACHON
- @Tdv – it’s £50 tax for biz and above but Moscow is a … by Ned
- BUD to LHR followed two days later by LHR to PRG for a total of … by DSK
- Plus 20 more…
- 9 Fun Ways To Use British Airways Avios – Enclosure
- 10 Best Credit Card Offers For April
- The Best Combination Of Four Credit Cards Out There – Enclosure