Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/553220038/0/onemileatatime/
There’s no denying that over the past few years I’ve become significantly less loyal to American Airlines. I continue to requalify for Executive Platinum status with American, but I’m not a fanboy of the program in the same way as before. This came after American made all kinds of negative changes, from adding a revenue requirement for status, to awarding miles based on how much you spend, to reducing Executive Platinum benefits, to devaluing their award chart, to greatly decreasing award and upgrade availability. The amount of value they’ve taken out of the program is significant. In fairness, that’s the general industry trend, so American isn’t alone in that regard.
I used to think they had the best frequent flyer program out there, but now I think it’s mostly average, and I just happen to fly them. Last year I completed a Delta status challenge, and I currently have Platinum status with them. While I think Delta’s domestic flying experience is superior to American’s, flying on both airlines has once again made me like American’s frequent flyer program more.
Again, I don’t think American is a better airline, but when flying SkyTeam there are some areas where I say “boy, American AAdvantage really is better in that way.” These aren’t necessarily all specific benefits of the frequent flyer program, but rather things I appreciate in conjunction with the frequent flyer program.
- Gonna be hard to switch to United considering the author was … by anon
- @Lucky As I’ve mentioned before on AA credit card and mile … by Tom S
- It’s nice that you’re happy with your status and you make some … by Christian
- This has little to do with the FF Program, but has to do with … by Rob in Miami
- Lucky, Interesting time for you to post this. I fly about … by Anthony
- Plus 15 more…
- The Clock Is Ticking On Increased Hilton Amex Offers
- Best Ways To Use Amex Membership Rewards Points To Fly To Europe 
- Best Ways To Use Amex Membership Rewards Points To See The U.S. Including Hawaii