Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/541717472/0/onemileatatime/
Yesterday I wrote about how Air Belgium just pushed back their launch by over a month. The airline was supposed to begin flying between Charleroi and Hong Kong as of April 30, though they now pushed that back to June. This seems to be because they didn’t get permission to overfly Russian airspace (minor details), and also because they just didn’t sell enough seats to make it worthwhile.
My assumption all along has been that Air Belgium’s management does indeed intend to operate an airline, even if the business model is questionable. This is in contrast to some other 30 year old startup “airlines” that clearly don’t intend to ever fly.
What I really can’t wrap my head around is how amateur this airline is, especially given that it’s run by people with experience in the industry. Back when I first tried to book my ticket, their online form wasn’t even set up correctly to accept US credit cards.
- Noticed you’d been quoted in the South China Morning Post today … by Bim
- So sorry for you! It is up to you..when you have not got the … by Myles
- @Mitch is that really your last name? (O_O) by Garrett
- First of all thank you for trying it. I appreciate your good … by M
- “Ah, but life is like that! It does not permit you to arrange … by William
- Plus 20 more…
- Air Belgium’s Very Generous Rebooking Offer
- Is Turkish Airlines’ Istanbul Lounge Overrated?
- Is Turkish Airlines’ Istanbul Lounge Overrated? – Enclosure