Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/546607848/0/onemileatatime/
Air Belgium is a startup airline with a unique business model. They intend to operate a fleet of used Airbus A340-300s for flights between Charleroi (outside of Brussels) and China (including the mainland and Hong Kong). The airline has business class, premium economy, and economy, and I can’t quite wrap my head around where they see upside with this business plan.
Longhaul economy fares to/from China are as low as they’ve ever been, just recently both Cathay Pacific and Hainan launched service to Brussels, and without any sort of connecting passengers, I’m not sure how they plan on filling planes, outside of extremely cheap seats that they sell through consolidators.
Air Belgium began selling tickets in early April for flights between Brussels Charleroi and Hong Kong, and the route were supposed to launch as of April 30.
- @Kirk Yes, even more deceitful is Qantas selling … by Paolo
- How do you even get to Charleroi Airport from Brussels? I lived … by Mak
- This all sounds lovely, what’s the catch? by Mitch Cumstein
- @Nils The plane was chartered by Audi Belgium (via a broker) … by Bruno
- My take on this is that it they are aiming for Chinese package … by Rob
- Plus 14 more…
- New 75K Bonus On No Annual Fee Hilton Honors Card From American Express
- British Airways Joins TSA Pre-Check
- Earn 130K+ American Miles With Two Great Welcome Bonuses