Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/534200760/0/onemileatatime/
While Air Tahiti Nui operates longhaul flights, they’re a small airline, and have a fleet of just five Airbus A340-300s. The airline operates flights to Auckland, Los Angeles, Paris, and Tokyo Narita.
These A340s are outdated and not especially fuel efficient, and unfortunately the airline doesn’t have a great business class product on the plane. I’ve flown Air Tahiti Nui’s A340 business class between Los Angeles and Paris, and wasn’t very impressed, as the airline installed angled seats in business class just a few years ago. Admittedly they’re a leisure airline and don’t face that much competition, but still…
The good news is that the airline will soon be completely refreshing their longhaul fleet. Later this year Air Tahiti Nui will take delivery of their first Boeing 787-9. The airline will acquire four Boeing 787s, which will replace their fleet of five A340s by 2019. With this change, the airline will be going from an average fleet age of 16 years now, to an average fleet age of just a few months at some point next year.
- I saw one of their A340s take off from LAX a few weeks ago from … by Tom
- @ Moritz — Good catch, thanks! by lucky
- It will be parallel diamond in business class, you can see … by Moritz
- Look forward to trying TN’s PE product. Have made over 13 trips … by Jon
- @Ben, I believe you can expect the cabin to be similar to … by AMan
- Plus 6 more…