Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/537692960/0/onemileatatime/
Ridesharing adds a lot of value to my life. Because of apps like Uber I can recall exactly two times in the past year that I rented a car, while previously I’d do so all the time. Of course these apps have issues. Sometimes their ethics are questionable, and your experience comes down to the individual driver.
In general I don’t think the quality of Uber drivers is as good as it used to be, but I also don’t expect it to be, given that they’ve kept slashing rates. Still, I felt like when Uber first started everyone went out of their way to be friendly and professional, while nowadays not so much.
I know I’m way too passive (you guys remind me of that all the time, though I’m trying), but I often refuse to complain, even when I should. In an Uber I’ll just sit there, be quiet, say “please” and “thank you,” and unless the driver does anything horrible, I’ll give them five stars, because I realize that even an average four star rating would get them kicked out, and I don’t want to stand in the way of them making a living.
- Fraud trick happen frequently in a taxi. It’s much easier to … by CF Frost
- I wonder why you would have given 5 stars knowing this was not … by AJ MARTIN
- Uber has totally gone down the tank. I saw a car driving around … by HC
- They are definitely not absorbing the cost. They will deduct it … by Dani
- there are scummy people in the world and you met one. it was … by david