Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/541568800/0/onemileatatime/
Last weekend I headed out to Heathrow, but for once did not head into a terminal. Instead I made my way to the nearby Thistle Hotel, where a very special event was taking place for any fans of aviation.
Heathrow Terminal One ceased operations several years ago, and has remained vacant ever since. Bit by bit, the unique contents of the terminal have been removed and sold off via public auction. Anything that could be removed from the terminal and sold off was, from directional signage to (used) recycling bins. They had even repurposed air-conditioning vents into bespoke desks.
If you are interested, there are photos of every single item individually.
- Great post James. Now as Nate wrote, don’t be disruptive eh. by Elijah
- Great post, James. I disagree with Nate about the use of … by Malc
- As many other commenters have noted- the italics and bolding in … by Nate
- OK, but how cute does James look! by emercycrite
- Not to mention, James is pretty hot in his AVgeek glory! by Jaymanlb
- Plus 9 more…
- Attending The Heathrow Terminal 1 Auction – Enclosure
- Over 250 Dead After Military Plane Crashes In Algeria (Deadliest Crash In Nearly Four Years) – Enclosure
- Over 250 Dead After Military Plane Crashes In Algeria (Deadliest Crash In Nearly Four Years)