Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/548082476/0/onemileatatime/
A couple of weeks ago we first learned about rumored changes coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card. These changes have now been confirmed, and over the past couple of days cardmembers should have received emails regarding this. Specifically, as of August 26, 2018:
— The card will no longer award 3x points on the first $300 spent on travel each year (which is reimbursed as part of the $300 annual travel credit)
— The card will no longer offer price protection
— Members will be limited to bringing two guests into Priority Pass lounges, rather than being able to bring in unlimited guests
I view all of these changes as being reasonable. It was ridiculously generous that they awarded points on travel spend that was reimbursed, so I can’t blame them for viewing that as an easy cost cutting move, given that Chase is apparently concerned about whether they’ll ever be able to make money on this card.
- Yes, Citi Prestige gives access to immediate family and two … by Peking Duck
- Maybe they got a lot of applications from saudi arabians? … by Leeza1
- Lucky, Have you highlighted the positive changes coming? More … by Corey Sacken
- I can’t really argue with these changes. I have four stepkids … by Derek (DebrianTravels.com)
- Based on what other posters have said, can one person who has … by Michelle
- Plus 11 more…
- 10 Best Credit Card Offers For May – Enclosure
- Can You Product Change Between Chase Ink Cards?
- Deciding On A 5/24 Credit Card Strategy