Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/544319404/0/onemileatatime/
In March I wrote about the changes that British Airways Executive Club is planning over the coming years. The changes essentially match the trend we’re seeing with loyalty programs globally. British Airways plans to move more closely to a revenue based program, and to give members more opportunities to redeem their Avios for all kinds of products and services.
This sounds a whole lot like Delta SkyMiles, where you not only earn redeemable miles based on how much you spend, but can also redeem SkyMiles for all kinds of things.
British Airways has just introduced a new way for members to redeem Avios, which I suspect is pretty indicative of what we can expect going forward in terms of redemption value. Per FlyerTalk, British Airways Executive Club members can now redeem Avios to select seats. Members can pay all or part of the fee using Avios.
- Lucky, I have approx 375,000 BA points and would like your … by Deb
- @Evan you can, but you can’t pick emergency exit rows on … by Alex
- Oh bang the drum slowly! They must be the only “major” … by skedguy
- I flew on paid Biz seats and was either Emerald or Sapphire and … by Rob in Miami
- We here at BA just want to give you all the back stabbing … by Dwondermeant
- Plus 6 more…
- British Airways Intends To Lease Three Qatar Airways A330s – Enclosure
- British Airways Now Lets You Redeem Avios To Select Seats – Enclosure
- Review: British Airways Concorde Room London Heathrow Airport – Enclosure