Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/544615344/0/onemileatatime/
While not personally one of my favorite loyalty programs, Choice Privileges is a niche program that does have some sweet spots. They often have lucrative promotions for stays, and also often sell points at a discount. Travis has explained why he thinks Choice points are worth buying.
One of the best uses of Choice Privileges points is for redemptions in Northern Europe, where hotels are otherwise quite expensive. Travis has redeemed at hotels like the Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret and the Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, which cost 16,000 points per night, and include breakfast and dinner. Sometimes Choice sells points for ~0.5 cents each, in which case that’s a heck of a deal for a hotel like this.
There has been one major quirk when it comes to redeeming Choice Privileges points that has taken away a lot of the potential from the points. Specifically, Choice Privileges has only let members redeem points for stays within 30 days in the US and Canada, and for stays within 60 days at all other properties.
- If it wasn’t for Wyndham it would be the worst program. 60, 90, … by DaninMCI
- Great to have an expanded booking window. The points and cash … by Jim Lovejoy
- This is not working. I tried two hotels that I have been … by Alex
- Headline should have read “Choice Privileges still … by Harry Hv
- Choice Privileges is great for travel to small cities in the … by derek
- IHG Acquires 13 Upscale Hotels In The UK (To Become Kimptons & InterContinentals)
- Score A Great Deal On Suites At The Palazzo & Venetian Today
- Score A Great Deal On Suites At The Palazzo & Venetian Today – Enclosure