Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/549672578/0/onemileatatime/
Last May plans were announced for Paine Field-Snohomish County Airport to open a passenger terminal. For those of you not familiar, Paine Field is home to Boeing’s Everett Factory, and up until now hasn’t been used for commercial flights. However, airlines started to see the potential for the airport, given how many residents there are North of Seattle (more than a million people live in the North Sound). Offering service out of this airport could save many people over an hour on their airport commute. Furthermore, SeaTac Airport is nearing capacity.
In order to minimize the environmental impact and impact on the community, the airport is limiting itself to 24 daily arrivals and departures. Much to the airport’s surprise, this capacity was reached in no time, as Alaska, Southwest, and United, all announced plans to fly to Paine Field.
- Unnayan Jain – We don’t know – hence the need for an … by callum
- @Unnayan Jain, Where are you getting “hundreds” of Boeing … by Duane
- I guess they couldn’t start with 10 flights while waiting for … by Rico
- Very strange. The original application projected 2 MD 80 … by Dave – Canada
- Maybe a dumb question.. but the area sees hundreds of take offs … by Unnayan Jain
- Commercial Flights To Paine Field Delayed Until 2019 – Enclosure
- First Look: The New United Polaris Lounge Newark
- First Look: The New United Polaris Lounge Newark – Enclosure