Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/543374880/0/onemileatatime/
For years there have been rumors of Miami getting a nonstop commercial flight to Asia. The airport has actively been soliciting such flights, and has offered airlines that would be willing to operate these routes all kinds of incentives.
On the surface you’d think American would be the natural choice for operating a route out of Miami to Asia, given that they’re the airport’s biggest airline, and also given that they have such an extensive route network out of Miami. However, American hasn’t expressed much interest in operating such a flight. I can’t really blame them, given how much capacity they already offer to Asia, so they can easily funnel people through other hubs.
In 2016 I wrote about how the airport set up a task force that was targeting Japan Airlines, China Airlines, Asiana Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Air China, Korean Air, EVA Air, and Hainan Airlines. Unfortunately for Miami, it looks like no carrier has expressed much interest yet.
- Is there any airline (besides Qatar, Emirates) that has a … by Willem
- A Miami flight would have to, for the most part, live or die … by Jason
- Like someone said, its a pain to connect in the US. I avoid it … by Nate
- +1 to Mark It’s a real pain to connect in the US and I avoid … by Mauricio Matos
- It’s a pretty interesting route for traffic from Latin America. … by Gabriel
- Plus 3 more…