Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/547865862/0/onemileatatime/
While exact details haven’t yet been announced, Delta revealed today that they plan to fly nonstop between the United States and Mumbai, India, as of 2019. Delta hasn’t yet revealed out of which hub they’ll operate this flight (my guess would be out of Atlanta, but I guess it’s possible they could fly out of New York JFK as well), and notes that the full schedule details will be announced later this year.
A nonstop flight between Atlanta and Mumbai would cover a distance of ~8,500 miles, while a nonstop flight from New York JFK to Mumbai would cover a distance of ~7,800 miles. Both are within range for the 777-200LR or A350-900. An Atlanta to Mumbai flight would become Delta’s new longest flight, beating out their current longest route between Atlanta and Johannesburg by about 70 miles.
The reason I think it’s most likely they operate this flight out of Atlanta is because both Air India and United already operate flights between new York and Mumbai.
- Forgot to mention LAX-BOM by Marcus
- Does TK get a lot of connecting traffic to India via its … by Debit’s sister
- Not an av geek so don’t know what’s possible but based on … by Marcus
- DTW would be great. Connecting at DTW is so much nicer than JFK … by VS
- Considering none of the ME3 have any presence at DTW, I’d wager … by KA
- Plus 20 more…
- Delta To Fly Nonstop To Mumbai Starting In 2019 – Enclosure
- Delta’s Middle Seat Pop-Up Lounge At Boston Logan Airport
- Delta’s Middle Seat Pop-Up Lounge At Boston Logan Airport – Enclosure