Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/546150506/0/onemileatatime/
There are a lot of plane deliveries this year that I’m excited about, like Oman Air’s 787 with first class, Gulf Air’s 787, Singapore Airlines’ 787-10, and Singapore Airlines’ A350-900ULR, just to name a few.
However, to me there’s one aircraft order that stands out, that I’ve been tracking closely and have been very curious about for a variety of reasons. Specifically, Air Tanzania is scheduled to take delivery of a single Boeing 787 this summer. That might not seem that weird to someone not familiar with the airline, but this is an airline that otherwise has just four turboprops in their fleet. Going from a turboprop to a Boeing 787 is quite a significant move.
Equally fascinating is that they have exactly one 787 on order. That’s a small fleet if I’ve ever seen one. Originally the airline was supposed to take delivery of the plane in June, though the latest I’ve heard suggests that the airline will take delivery of the plane in July, which is still potentially only several weeks away. Despite that, the airline has revealed nothing about the new plane until now, including the routes it will operate, as well as what the interior will look like.
- I might be flying on their Q400s in July so hopefully I see … by Reuben
- The second reason besides large Indian population and expected … by Sarthak
- A lot of students come to India from Tanzania for higher … by Sajjad
- Dr , I understand there is a sizable Indian population in east … by Lu
- I’m guessing the Mumbai route is just for crew training and to … by Marcus leather
- Plus 19 more…
- American Selling Basic Economy Fares On Transatlantic Flights
- Etihad Is Now Selling Access To Abu Dhabi Arrivals Lounge For $30
- When Visiting An Airport Lounge Isn’t Worth It