Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/539363398/0/onemileatatime/
Airlines like Emirates have tens of thousands of staff and try and plan for every possible contingency, but sometimes things are just out of their hands. Earlier this month Ben reported that Emirates was reducing flights to Florida and noted the decision, and timing, seemed odd. Well now the reason has been revealed.
Last week, Emirates President Sir Tim Clark held a press conference in Hamburg where he was talking up their new Boeing 777. He admitted that a lack of 100 to 150 pilots meant Emirates would have to reduce frequencies, at least in the short term.
In typical stoic British fashion he revealed:
- @Chris says: ” Eventually the EK policy of treating their … by Debit
- James, What an asinine comment. Pilots earn more than flight … by Anon
- I was booked on the Emirates flight from Bangkok to Dubai on … by John
- Heard an EK pilot resigned the other day..was told he was #14 … by Deb in Dubai
- Interesting that they decided to reduce flights to LHR. Yes, … by Jeremyfly
- Plus 15 more…
- Emirates Is Reducing Some Flights Because Of A Pilot Shortage – Enclosure
- The US & UAE Are Nearing An Open Skies Resolution
- The US & UAE Are Nearing An Open Skies Resolution – Enclosure