Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/540871134/0/onemileatatime/
Lufthansa ordinarily doesn’t make first class award space available to partner airlines more than 15 days out. Miles & More members can redeem miles for first class travel prior to that, so the restriction is specific to those booking through partner programs.
While that policy is strict, it’s not nearly as strict as Swiss’ policy, as they only let Miles & More elite members redeem miles for their first class, regardless of whether you’re booking 10 months or one day prior to departure.
Anyway, at the moment it looks like several Star Alliance partner airlines have access to Lufthansa first class award availability more than 15 days prior to departure. It looks like Air Canada Aeroplan and United MileagePlus don’t have access to this space. My guess is that this is because they’ve added restrictions on their end that prevent that space from being shown further out.
- Got one in Dec. W/ AV miles, which is less useless than it used … by TomS
- Am trying to book LH F next month with UA miles to the US and … by BrooklynBoy
- Thanks for the heads up. Just booked LH F award for June.. … by Sam Spigelman
- So are we seeing more traffic in the LH First class lounges and … by Myles
- I posted about this on Flyertalk about 24 hours ago – it … by Jay
- Plus 4 more…
- Extremely Rare: Lufthansa First Class Bookable In Advance Using Partner Miles – Enclosure
- 30% Off KrisFlyer Awards With Singapore’s Latest “Spontaneous Escapes” Sale
- 30% Off KrisFlyer Awards With Singapore’s Latest “Spontaneous Escapes” Sale – Enclosure