Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/543721688/0/onemileatatime/
While browsing YouTube early this morning (because I couldn’t sleep due to jetlag) I stumbled upon a fascinating video from VICE. As I’m sure you can imagine, I had to click when I saw the headline “Russian Pilots of the Congo.” The video is several years old, so I’m surprised I hadn’t seen it before.
Growing up I always wanted to be an airline pilot, and had dreamed of working for a foreign airline. To this day, I’m fascinated by the nationality of pilots on various airlines. There’s something cool about boarding a flight on Hainan Airlines or Fiji Airways and hearing a familiar American accent, for example.
In general the aviation industry is hot right now, and there are lots of opportunities for ex-pat pilots to work abroad. However, I don’t think I’ve seen a story on ex-pat pilots who are quite like these guys. Specifically, this story is about some Russian pilots flying ancient cargo planes around the Congo. They all fly every day, they all live together, and they seem to have very unusual lives.
- You should check out ‘worst place to be a pilot’ about newly … by Mark
- @Mitch Cumstein The Chinese are in Congo, and all of … by Tomas
- One of my friend’s dad was a commercial pilot in the USSR, but … by JT
- First Belgians and now Russians in the Congo! What’s next?! by Mitch Cumstein
- It’s easy, Lucky. It’s the side deals which bring them there, … by Pierre
- Plus 3 more…
- Fascinating Video: Russian Pilots Of The Congo – Enclosure
- Changi Airport’s New Promo Video Makes Insta-Stalking Look Adorable
- Changi Airport’s New Promo Video Makes Insta-Stalking Look Adorable – Enclosure