Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/534221638/0/onemileatatime/
Oops. A Fly Jamaica Airways flight attendant working the March 17 flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica, to New York JFK, tried to enter the country with some undeclared goods, to put it mildly. The flight attendant, Hugh Hall, had four packages of cocaine taped to his legs. Together the cocaine weighed about nine pounds, and had a street value of about $160,000.
Upon arrival in the US, the flight attendant was pulled aside for extra screening by US Customs & Border Protection officers, and then in a private search room it was discovered that he had this much cocaine on him. The man now faces federal narcotics smuggling charges, and presumably will be looking at some jail time.
This isn’t the first time that a flight attendant has been caught trying to smuggle drugs. It’s actually much more common than you may think. When you think about it, it’s the perfect job for a drug smuggler, since they have a reason to take short trips between countries, and in many cases are subjected to less screening than other passengers. To be clear, I’m not at all suggesting that flight attendants are all secret drug smugglers, but like the rest of the population, there are some who are lured by the prospect of “easy” money.
- I was once seated next to a officer from the dutch drug police … by Patrick
- The FA was caught bc a former (i believe it was) an FBI agent … by Tina Morningstar
- Ahhhh… Like in the good ol’ times… Every flight from … by Alessan
- I don’t think its fair to write down her name, which will stay … by Jonathan
- @ R B It’s probably because the flight originated from Jamaica. … by Peter B
- Plus 6 more…
- Fly Jamaica Airways Flight Attendant Arrested For Smuggling Cocaine Into The US – Enclosure
- Ryanair Is Buying A 75% Stake In Laudamotion (Formerly Niki)
- Police Report Reveals How Pathetic Silver Airways’ “Security Policies” Are