Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/549682322/0/onemileatatime/
Yesterday some major changes were made to the Air France-KLM Flying Blue program. As of yesterday Flying Blue is a revenue based frequent flyer program, meaning that you’re awarded miles based on how much your ticket costs, rather than based on the distance you fly.
Furthermore, Flying Blue is introducing variable award pricing. Previously Flying Blue redemption rates were zone based, while now the pricing works differently. In other words, a New York to Paris redemption now costs fewer points than a New York to Paris to Frankfurt redemption, even though they previously priced the same.
I’ve been curious to see the impact this has on Flying Blue’s popular Promo Awards. For those of you not familiar with Promo Awards, this is a monthly special that Flying Blue publishes where you can receive 20-50% off select award redemptions on Air France and KLM metal.
- Just start calling the carrier EuroDelta. Frankly it’s hard … by Gregg
- @Lucky – true, however the cost for Business Class is the … by Chris
- @ Brodie kaas. Sexist ageist As an elite member I can attest … by Icarus
- @Bobby J Aeroflot Bonus works well for me. It’s a great … by Tom
- Hey Lucky – I’ve been following this whole Flying Blue thing … by Bobby J
- Plus 2 more…
- Air Belgium Is Operating Flights On Behalf Of Air France This Month
- GREAT Amex Offer: 20,000 Bonus Points For $1,000 Spend With Air France
- GREAT Amex Offer: 20,000 Bonus Points For $1,000 Spend With Air France – Enclosure