Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/537040092/0/onemileatatime/
A couple of days ago we learned about some major changes being made to the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card. The best benefit of this card has been that it offers an anniversary free night certificate just for paying the $49 annual fee on the card, which is a heck of a deal. You could redeem this at virtually any IHG hotel in the world, including InterContinentals that would otherwise cost up to 70,000 points per night.
This benefit is changing, unfortunately. As we learned at the time, for IHG anniversary free night certificates issued on May 1, 2018, or later, you can only redeem at properties that cost up to 40,000 points per night. IHG free night awards cost anywhere from 5,000 to 70,000 points per night, so this excludes about 330 of IHG’s 5,300 hotels.
While there are still plenty of properties at which you can redeem, there’s no denying that this is a big sting to the value of the certificate, and the card overall, for that matter. A lot of people only recently signed up for the card largely because of this benefit, and were disappointed by this change. There’s some good news on that front.
- So I applied and received 7/2017 but yet I’m still capped at … by Deanna
- BTW–be CAREFUL when engaging in negotiating with Chase about … by EVAN TORCH
- I’ve had this card for a few years, and there are other … by EVAN TORCH
- I agree that it is a massive devaluation, but come on, there is … by Micha
- “We certainly apologize for the news. Accounts opened between … by Jeff
- Plus 20 more…
- How To Transfer Chase Ink Cash Points
- The 330 IHG Hotels Where You Can’t Redeem Free Night Certificates Anymore
- Ouch: IHG To Devalue Anniversary Nights