Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/543558430/0/onemileatatime/
In early April, IHG made some major changes to the anniversary free night certificate offered on their co-branded credit card. Previously the anniversary free night certificate had no cap, meaning you could redeem at any IHG hotel with award availability. IHG hotels retail for up to 70,000 points per night nowadays, so that’s quite a value.
However, with this change, IHG only lets you redeem at properties that retail for up to 40,000 points per night. That’s potentially still an excellent deal, given that this covers a vast majority of properties. Obviously this benefit was a major reason that a lot of people got the card.
To ease the pain of that adjustment, they said they’d honor the uncapped anniversary free night certificate for the first year for those who got the card between January 1 and April 5, 2018.
- Intercontinental DaNang is probably the nicest intercontinental … by Chris
- OK now. I closed and reopened my IHG card a few months ago for … by Robert Hanson
- Shout out to IHG for finding a solid customer focused solution. by Brodie
- They most probably see a lot of card cancelation and trying to … by Ben Kingsley
- Glad I didn’t cancel that card so quick. Thanks IHG by Maria
- Plus 15 more…
- New Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card With 100K Welcome Bonus
- New Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card With 100K Welcome Bonus – Enclosure
- IHG Acquires 13 Upscale Hotels In The UK (To Become Kimptons & InterContinentals)