Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/539216600/0/onemileatatime/
I just wrapped up my first ever stay at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome. I feel like in the miles & points world, staying at the Park Hyatt Paris is a rite of passage, much like showering on an Emirates A380, redeeming miles for Cathay Pacific first class, and staying at the Park Hyatt Maldives. Yet this was my first ever stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome, even though I’ve been to Paris many times.
This is a Category 7 World of Hyatt hotel, so a free night stay cost 30,000 points per night (you can earn these points directly on The Hyatt Credit Card, or transfer them over from Ultimate Rewards, earned on cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card, and Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card). On the plus side, nowadays you can use a Globalist suite upgrade for award stays, which is an awesome benefit, so I was able to confirm a Park Deluxe Suite at the time of booking.
I was curious what the hotel would be like, as I’ve heard mixed reports. I tend to think there are two types of luxury points hotels — there are some points hotels that are truly world class hotels and the absolute best in a city, and then there are points hotels that are really good when you consider that you’re redeeming points. Let me give a couple of examples.
- There is no comparison between George V FS and Park Hyatt. The … by Bob Trial
- @ Noah — I loved the Prince de Galles as well, but I just … by lucky
- @ Dav — That’s horrible, as I found the service to be … by lucky
- I stayed when it first opened, the heat wasn’t regulated but … by Beachfan
- Although the room was great, I was treated like complete … by Dav
- Plus 2 more…
- Impressions Of The Park Hyatt Paris Vendome – Enclosure
- The Simplicity Of The Hotels.com Rewards Program
- The Simplicity Of The Hotels.com Rewards Program – Enclosure