Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/541986214/0/onemileatatime/
In the past few days I’ve shared my thoughts on my flights in Turkish business class, on both the A330 and 777. While Turkish’s hard product isn’t industry leading, their catering is exceptional, among the best you’ll find on any airline in business class.
As part of our journey from the Seychelles to Los Angeles we had a roughly nine hour layover in Istanbul, which was the only connection option. Personally I don’t mind really long layovers, since I viewed my time on the ground in Istanbul as my “work day,” so that I could get some rest on the flight to Los Angeles.
It has been many years since I’ve flown through Istanbul, though I remember Turkish’s flagship lounge being excellent. I’ve heard some suggest it’s the world’s best business class lounge, and I’ve heard others suggest it’s the best Star Alliance Gold lounge. While I’ll have a full review soon, in this post I wanted to share my general thoughts on the lounge, because I think I feel differently about it than most.
- @747always Are you refering to my comment? If so..I do not … by Myles
- An interesting point about true frequent fliers (I am not one). … by Vet&Banker
- @tony k. Yes there is – the Emirates lounge in DXB. @mbh … by Tabea
- So what if people sit in the same block of seats as you? Are … by 747always
- The TK lounge in IST is a place for everybody.. literally … by Myles
- Plus 20 more…
- Is Turkish Airlines’ Istanbul Lounge Overrated? – Enclosure
- Turkish 777 Business Class In 10 Pictures – Enclosure
- Turkish A330 Business Class In 10 Pictures