Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/548830050/0/onemileatatime/
Well this is rough. Japan Airlines Mileage Bank is a useful niche frequent flyer program. They partner with Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Barclays, and they have a pretty lucrative distance based award chart that’s valid for travel on both oneworld airlines as well as some other partners.
In addition to being able to redeem miles for travel on their oneworld partner airlines, they also have some other partner airlines that are potentially useful, like Emirates. Back in the day booking Emirates tickets through Japan Airlines was the best value for securing those seats, though last November they added fuel surcharges to most Emirates redemptions, which can be as much as $1,600+ roundtrip in a premium cabin, so it’s not nearly as lucrative as it used to be. There’s now more bad news.
As of November 20, 2018, Japan Airlines Mileage Bank is adjusting their award rates for travel on partner airlines. This is the book by date rather than fly by date, so you can book travel by that date for travel on subsequent dates at the old mileage levels. On the plus side, at least they’re giving about six months notice of the changes, which is generous. That’s about the only good news, as this devaluation is rough.
- With looming recession becoming more of a reality every day, it … by glenn t
- Maybe more oneworld airline devaluations are incoming… by Asian Miler
- The one small bright spot of the new charles barkley arrival … by vic
- I am taking JAL bus class in Aug. Where should I park the … by Lu
- Then what would be the best way to redeem miles for EK F now? by Andy
- Plus 7 more…
- Japan Airlines Mileage Bank Partner Award Chart Devaluation As Of November 20, 2018 – Enclosure
- Is LifeMiles Still Blocking Star Alliance Award Space?
- Is LifeMiles Still Blocking Star Alliance Award Space? – Enclosure