Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/530421304/0/onemileatatime/
In late January I wrote about how French all business class airline La Compagnie would be moving their operations from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Paris Orly Airport. For those of you not familiar with La Compagnie, they started flying in mid-2014, and operate a fleet of two Boeing 757s on up to two daily flights between Newark and Paris.
I’ve reviewed their business class product in the past, and find that they offer an exceptional value, given their very good fares. Their experience should improve even further in 2019, when they take delivery of A321neo aircraft, featuring fully flat seats.
While Charles de Gaulle Airport is perhaps considered Paris’ “premium” airport, in reality Orly Airport is closer to the city, smaller (and therefore easier to use), and presumably it’s also lower cost to operate out of. The catch has been that the airport is slot restricted, and La Compagnie hasn’t been able to get slots, as they’ve been wanting to move for a long time. With airberlin having gone out of business, La Compagnie was assigned some of their slots, meaning they can finally make the move.
- @snic Been through Orly a few times. Not bad, but not great. … by GC
- @ Davis Zilch, nada, nothing, nichts – or to use the fitting … by Potato
- I just wish this airline flew out of O’Hare. by Jetagain
- Support la compagnie,. Terrific airline , wish they would go to … by Frank v
- @Ben: “I already think CDG is not at the level Paris deserves … by snic
- Plus 5 more…
- La Compagnie Is Moving To Paris Orly Airport As Of April 22, 2018 – Enclosure
- La Compagnie Is Moving To Paris Orly (From Charles De Gaulle)
- La Compagnie Is Moving To Paris Orly (From Charles De Gaulle) – Enclosure