Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/546171296/0/onemileatatime/
I used to go to Las Vegas a few times a year for fun. I like Las Vegas in moderation (meaning 48 hours or less), though it has been a while since I’ve been. The truth is that I struggle to stay up past 8PM and I’m usually out of it after a cocktail (I stick to wine), and I feel like that’s a combination that makes the Strip not fun.
However, when I did go to Las Vegas I always liked the Mandarin Oriental. It’s not a casino hotel, so even though it’s near everything else, you feel like you’re a world away. It’s nice to have a view of the Strip without actually feeling like you’re part of the action.
A couple of weeks ago news broke that MGM was selling the Mandarin Oriental in a $214 million deal. The buyer of the nearly 400 room hotel hasn’t yet been disclosed, so there has been quite a bit of speculation surrounding the future of the hotel. Are we just seeing a new investor, or will the hotel actually rebrand?
- It’s no longer rumor: Hilton officials have confirmed the plans. by Mark
- Sadly i’m 99% sure this rumor is true. MOLAS has been … by James B
- Sad to learn of this change. I’ve spent my last three birthdays … by Andrew
- Blackstone going to double down in Vegas? More like dollar cost … by DaKine
- Why in the world would they tear it down? Never happening. … by dca
- Plus 14 more…
- Las Vegas Rumored To Be Getting A Waldorf Astoria – Enclosure
- Amex Offer: 10K Bonus Points For Spending $600+ On AmexTravel.com
- Amex Offer: 10K Bonus Points For Spending $600+ On AmexTravel.com – Enclosure