Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/552959406/0/onemileatatime/
In mid-April IAG (the parent company of British Airways) acquired a 4.61% ownership stake in Norwegian. This seemed to come out of left field, as there weren’t really rumors of this leading up to the announcement. IAG also expressed interest in the possibility of a full takeover of Norwegian.
Long term this move isn’t surprising — Norwegian is trying to grow but is losing money, while British Airways is profitable and views Norwegian as their biggest competitor. It’s only natural that they’d love to eliminate their biggest competitor. While British Airways has been claiming they don’t need Norwegian, they’ve made at least two takeover attempts, with more on the horizon.
At this point it seems like a given that Norwegian will be taken over, it’s just a question of how much it’ll cost. As it turns out, though, it looks like it’s not just British Airways that’s interested in Norwegian anymore.
- Lufthansa should’ve kept bmi in the first place lol by Jason Z
- How long till Air France/KLM put a bid in even if they don’t … by Roberto
- I suspect this is Lufthansa just trying to drive up the price … by Kerry
- Although prices have corm down, I blame the existence of … by JW
- And then there is Brexit. Whether Norwegian would technically a … by Jamieo
- Plus 7 more…
- Lufthansa Interested In Norwegian Takeover As Well – Enclosure
- An Empty Lufthansa A340 Has Caught Fire At Frankfurt Airport – Enclosure
- Excellent Star Alliance & Oman Air Business Class Fares From Europe To Asia – Enclosure