Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/547876218/0/onemileatatime/
This is pretty significant news. In July 2014, a Malaysia Airlines 777-200 crashed while enroute from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, killing all 298 people onboard. This left the world in shock, not just because it appeared that the plane was shot down, but also because this was the second Malaysia 777 to crash in a matter of months.
It’s a shame that nearly 300 innocent peoples’ lives were taken, yet no one has been held accountable. Up until now, one of the prevailing theories has been that Russia supplied the missiles that shot down MH17 to a rebel group near the border between Russia & Ukraine. However, it looks like Russia’s involvement was more direct than that.
Today a press conference was held in Utrecht, where a Dutch official that was part of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) shared their conclusion, after years of investigating. Specifically, they found that MH17 was shot down directly by Russian armed forces in rebel-held territory in Ukraine. Per BBC:
- As some of my Comrades have noted above this entire story is … by Vasily Zyztzev
- Guys! Guys! Let’s just all be “real” (as the kids say) for … by AdamR
- I like how all the Russian trolls disappeared and went to sleep … by Tom
- Why are people complaining? It rarely gets as funny and … by Jake
- First time to comment on this blog. Very disappointed to see a … by Dan
- Plus 20 more…
- Is Anyone Else Fascinated By Air North?
- Entire South African Express Fleet Grounded Over Safety Concerns
- New Ink Business Unlimited Card With 50K Welcome Bonus!