Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/534473580/0/onemileatatime/
As a frequent business traveler who is a glutton for punishment values domestic experience and on-time performance over award redemptions, I have a pretty significant cache of miles with Delta.
So, when the topic of our annual December vacation came up and we decided on Malaysian Borneo, I did what your average Delta loyalist would do: I logged into my account and searched for the finest mainland Chinese carrier availability that SkyMiles can buy.
The outbound flight was fairly straightforward: I was able to snag two one-way business class tickets for 80,000 SkyMiles (now 95,000) from New York JFK to Kota Kinabalu (BKI) on China Eastern. It’s no Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines but I’m a sucker for reverse herringbone seats, and I’m not typically bothered by cigarette smoke 😉
- Love it great article. by Morgan
- Sounds like a horrid adventure. Am infinitely happy that … by kevin
- Great post. Very informative and well written. Most of all, … by ron
- A great deal in this post I didn’t understand: or an … by LarryInNYC
- Wow so many hetero clowns here assuming this was written by a … by Dave
- Plus 20 more…
- My (Mis)Adventure With A China Eastern Award: A Cautionary Tale – Enclosure
- Delta Rolls Back New Award Restriction… Again
- How To Use American’s Special Fares To Reach Elite Status Faster