Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/547019744/0/onemileatatime/
One of the best uses of British Airways Avios is for shorthaul travel on American. British Airways Executive Club has a distance based award chart, so the best values on the chart are for shorthaul travel, and there are no carrier imposed surcharges for shorthaul travel on American.
The icing on the cake is that while American AAdvantage charges a $75 close-in ticketing fee for non-elite members, you don’t have to pay that when redeeming Avios. So you can redeem Avios for travel on American a couple of days before departure and avoid that fee.
As a reminder, you’ll pay the following number of Avios for one-way economy shorthaul awards:
- Booked on BA after refreshing intermittently. Sucked to … by George
- Latam availability all but dissapeared a couple of weeks ago … by Jc
- My AA search showing me plenty of Alaska availability on … by Kalboz
- Can you book for other one world partners on British airways? … by Bronagh Quinn
- I called BA yesterday to book an available flight and they … by Benji
- Plus 6 more…
- Weekly Review: May 19, 2018
- Amazingly Low Rates At The Park Hyatt St. Kitts
- Would You Have Complained To The Hotel In This Situation?