Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/545510014/0/onemileatatime/
It’s not that uncommon for there to be collisions between planes on the ground. Fortunately typically no one is hurt, so it’s just a function of being a very expensive mistake to make. The most common type of collision we see is when planes’ wings strike one another, where you’ll sometimes see one plane’s wingtip take out the wingtip of another plane.
However, I don’t recall ever seeing anything like this. An Asiana A330 took out the tail of a Turkish A321 at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport today. Here are some pictures of the incident from Twitter user @JacedecNew:
- @Alex Esguerra From my vantage point as an ATC, I am over a … by atcdan
- Does the pilot’s credit card cover the insurance? by YULtide
- As a former Air Traffic Controller and Commercial Pilot and … by Al C
- Can it be repaired or is it a complete write-off? by Chandan Bhat
- How irresponsible is it to start this post with “it’s not … by Dt
- Plus 17 more…
- Nigeria’s Azman Air Acquires An Etihad A340-600
- Tips For A Smooth Airbnb Experience
- How Much Are Ultimate Rewards Points Worth?