Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/552642006/0/onemileatatime/
My connection in Shanghai was supposed to be about two hours — I was scheduled to arrive at 12:40PM, and I was scheduled to depart at 2:30PM. I know, planning a 1hr50min connection on separate tickets at Shanghai Airport was probably a bad decision, but the Cathay Dragon flight was the only one that day featuring first class, and I really wanted to review it. I figured worst case scenario if I misconnected I could get onto one of the other Cathay Dragon flights to Hong Kong in business class.
Fortunately as soon as I landed in Shanghai I got a message saying that my flight to Hong Kong had been delayed by just over an hour, with a new departure time of 3:35PM. That worked for me, as it meant I didn’t have to rush.
While some Chinese airports are getting better, it absolutely blows my mind that Shanghai Airport Terminal 2 still doesn’t allow a sterile international-to-international transit. In other words, I had to clear immigration, go through customs, go back through immigration, and then go through security.
- @Icarus I think he has repeatedly pointed out of what a pain in … by William Zhu
- Liquor dispenser = soap dispenser = trashy I see a pattern. by Pete
- Finally! So good to see Ben return to the Cathay Pacific Lounge … by William Zhu
- What a tease, you said in the previous post your connection at … by anon
- I never ever ever have issues with the “Great Firewall” … by Jordan
- Plus 3 more…
- Review: Cathay Pacific Lounge Shanghai Airport – Enclosure
- Review: Vietnam Airlines Lounge Ho Chi Minh City Airport
- Review: Vietnam Airlines Lounge Ho Chi Minh City Airport – Enclosure