Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/535669604/0/onemileatatime/
Daniel B asked the following question in the Ask Lucky forum:
“For at least a month now I have been trying to figure out in what order to apply for some credit cards. I definitely want to get the Ink Business Preferred card with the 80k bonus. I understand that I can get it even if I am above the 5/24.
I am at 4/24 now. I was thinking of getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred (50k bonus) FIRST (which will put me to 5/24), then within a few days apply for the Ink Business, because that latter card I should be approved for even if I am at 5/24.
Please let me know whether I am correct with these assumptions?”
Since there’s a (mostly) right and wrong answer here, and since this is something that confuses many people, I think it’s worth addressing specifically. Most of the confusion here stems from the 5/24 rule:
- @Lucky would need to wait 30 days. u have to be 0/30 to apply … by Albert H
- @ Lucky – So in the last 2 years I have opened up Chase … by Alex Z
- @ Jorge — Many report luck doing that. Personally I’d wait … by lucky
- Can I apply for the Ink Business Preferred and the Ink Business … by Jorge
- @Daniel B. If you can afford the $8k MSR, you should hit both … by Albert H
- Plus 3 more…
- The United MileagePlus Explorer Card: Keep Or Cancel?
- The United MileagePlus Explorer Card: Keep Or Cancel? – Enclosure
- Is This The Best Quarterly Bonus Category Ever?