Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/536289272/0/onemileatatime/
In 2014, an incident that occurred on a Korean Air flight from New York JFK to Seoul Incheon went viral. In this incident, a Korean Air executive, Heather Cho (also the daughter of the company’s chairman), went nuts after a flight attendant dared to serve her nuts in a bag rather than in a ramekin. She demanded that the flight attendants get on their knees to apologize, that the plane be turned around, and that the flight attendant who served her incorrectly be offloaded.
Part of the reason this story went viral is because of the tension between big corporations led by the country’s “ruling” families, and everyone else. This was the perfect example of the abuse of power that seems to be all too common in Korea. The Korean Air executive ended up being sentenced to one year in jail for obstructing aviation safety, though she was released after just three months.
At the time there were rumors that she’d make a return to the company, though that didn’t initially happen. Instead her sister has many of her roles, and her sister texted to assure her that she would be “avenged.”
- @Max Muilero It is official KE policy (but probably not … by Jay
- Speaking as someone from South Korea – I would like to fill … by Jay
- Umm so his personal “opinion” that a person is vile is … by Joe
- @Raymond It is ups to everyone’s individual choice and … by Myles
- Why not all boycott Korean Air for three months, that should … by Raymond
- Plus 20 more…