Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/534855330/0/onemileatatime/
This has been a pretty big week for aviation in terms of firsts. I’ve written about both of these routes before they actually launched, but now that both flights have taken off, I thought it would be fun to look at them one more time.
Arguably the most interesting new route of 2018 operated for the first time yesterday (Saturday, March 24, 2018). Qantas 9 operated from Perth to London nonstop, which is noteworthy since this is the world’s first ever scheduled commercial flight operating nonstop from Australia to Europe.
The flight is being operated daily using a Boeing 787-9, and covers a distance of 9,010 miles. This makes it the world’s second longest flight, as Auckland to Doha on Qatar Airways covers a distance of 9,032 miles, so it’s just a hair longer.
- Considering the fact that a huge % of my flights are on … by John
- The Qantas promotion of London to Australia has been boring me … by Rezzadogs
- For the last few years we have annually travelled from YVR to … by Azamaraal
- This certainly is a long flight, but it’s all relative. I … by Peter Greig
- I agree while a long flight i think it would be worth it yes … by Morgan
- Plus 17 more…
- Not All American Airlines Asian Vegetarian Meals Are Created Equal…
- Not All American Airlines Asian Vegetarian Meals Are Created Equal… – Enclosure
- 5 Incredible Places To Use Points For A Luxury Spring Break Getaway