Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/529432000/0/onemileatatime/
Ukraine International Airlines is improving nicely. I flew the airline a bit over a year ago from Kiev to New York, and the route was operated by one of their extremely outdated 767s. One of the ways that the airline will improve is that they’re taking delivery of four 777s, featuring flat beds in business class. Going from their 767 business class (which is more like premium economy) to a 777 with flat beds is a huge improvement.
The airline presently has a fleet of 39 aircraft, and they have a further 17 aircraft on order, including three 777s, six 737s, and eight Embraer regional jets. However, it looks like the airline has lofty expansion goals that way surpass what you’d expect based on their fleet.
The Kyiv Post quotes the head of Ukraine International Airlines’ supervisory board as saying that the airline is planning significant growth over the next five years. Their plan sure is detailed, given that they’ve listed the routes that they plan to add every year. Here are the details of the new destinations they’re hoping for, by year:
- I flew them in December Frankfurt to Kiev and because of strike … by david
- @Willy What the hell do you know about Chicago’s Ukranian … by Steve
- Well, given their safety rating, I sincerely hope they fly … by Mike W
- Chicago makes sense, with a large Ukrainian population there. … by TravelinWilly
- YYZ is confirmed, starting with the 767s from JFK once the 777s … by Chff
- Plus 3 more…
- 9 Transatlantic Business Class Products I’d Like To Review
- 9 Transatlantic Business Class Products I’d Like To Review – Enclosure