Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/546716924/0/onemileatatime/
As I wrote about yesterday, at the moment we’re seeing some great welcome bonuses on Citi AAdvantage Cards. By applying for two cards with the annual fees waived for the first 12 months, you can earn 130,000 AAdvantage bonus miles (which I personally value at $1,690):
— The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering a sign-up bonus of 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making $3,000 of purchases within the first three months; $99 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
— The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is offering a sign-up bonus of 70,000 AAdvantage miles after making $4,000 of purchases within the first four months; $95 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
Citi has what’s known as the “24 month rule,” and I wanted to clarify exactly how that worked in the context of these bonuses, as it’s a point that confused many.
- Hey Lucky, I’ve held the Personal Platinum for about 29 months … by BL
- I was actually told that downgrading resets the 24-month … by gus
- @ Andrew — Unfortunately I don’t have an answer to the exact … by lucky
- So I’m wondering on exactly how they count 24 months. I … by Andrew
- @ Jeff — Nope, it wouldn’t. by lucky
- Plus 20 more…
- Understanding Citi AAdvantage Credit Card Eligibility – Enclosure
- Instant Approval For 70K American AAdvantage Bonus Miles!
- Huge New Bonuses On Two More Hilton Credit Cards!