Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/530972926/0/onemileatatime/
Virgin Atlantic has just announced some changes to their economy experience. Essentially Virgin Atlantic is aligning their products with Delta, given that Delta owns a stake in Virgin Atlantic and also has a transatlantic joint venture with them. Delta introduced basic economy fares on select transatlantic flights last December, so it’s only logical that Virgin Atlantic will follow their lead. That’s not the only area in which they’re aligning their product, though, as Virgin Atlantic is also introducing a bundled option that includes extra legroom economy seating.
Virgin Atlantic is brilliant at marketing, so as you’d expect, they’re not just calling this “basic economy” and “extra legroom economy,” but rather they’re marketing it differently. Virgin Atlantic is claiming that they’re “unveiling three new ways to fly,” which is perhaps a bit of a stretch. The names of the three “experiences” are “Economy Delight,” “Economy Classic,” and “Economy Light.” They’ll debut in spring 2018.
What should you expect from each of these?
- Aligning with Delta or aligning with BA?!? by Phillip
- You mention a few times it doesn’t lead to lower air fare, it … by DKB
- Richard Brandon is now less sexy by Eskimo
- I’m guessing they don’t want or expect to sell many HBO … by The nice Paul
- Max – Under what circumstances will there be airport … by callum
- Plus 4 more…
- Virgin Atlantic Formally Cancels Their A380 Order
- AWESOME: You Can Spend A Night In A Private Bedroom In The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse
- AWESOME: You Can Spend A Night In A Private Bedroom In The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse – Enclosure