Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/552616386/0/onemileatatime/
United’s basic economy offering is one of the most punitive in the industry. When flying on one of these fares, United advises that you won’t get to choose your seat, won’t get a proper carry-on, won’t get a chance at an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, you won’t earn Premier Qualifying Miles or Premier Qualifying Dollars.
It’s worth noting that Premier members and United credit card holders do get a carry-on. And everyone still earns award miles. But the lack of PQMs/PQDs is mostly a deal-breaker for me. So as a longtime Premier 1K member, I’ve generally avoided these fares.
Even so, there are times when they do make sense even for Premiers.
- Whoops, I meant to say “Prority boarding is as good as being … by Ivan X
- @cddd Priority boarding is as good as having a checked bag, in … by Ivan X
- To be clear, this is a much different situation than what … by Travis
- Ahh. The age old question about how UA fills the plane. As … by Sexy_kitten7
- @AdamH I am Premier Silver and had a round trip from ORD to LGA … by HChris
- Plus 9 more…
- Wait, Do United Premiers REALLY Get Economy Plus Seating On Basic Economy Tickets? – Enclosure
- United’s Houston Polaris Lounge Opening June 29, 2018
- Buy United Miles For 1.67 Cents Each