Read more at: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/539071068/0/onemileatatime/
You’ve probably read that the best time to book award travel is either as far in advance as possible, or absolute last minute. I usually book award travel as early as possible and then potentially improve or upgrade it last minute, as unsold inventory changes into awards.
But when you book your dream trip 11 or more months in advance, plenty of things can happen to it during that time, and here are two unfortunate examples that happened to me.
I’ve written before about my fondness for Dividend Miles (RIP). For my final Star Alliance Dividend Miles redemption, I booked an epic first class jaunt around Asia with my best friend, primarily on Thai Airways.
- Good article. In some respect the same precautions could be … by Stephen
- James – maybe you could stop posting about USAIR DM … by Tom Smith
- A couple years ago, I was flying from BCN to LAX on BA with … by Dave
- Also: social media in the event of an equipment swap. Had a … by AdamR
- @Jackie – Did you read the article? by Daniel
- Plus 16 more…
- Why You Should Regularly Check The Status Of Your Award Booking – Enclosure
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club: A Gem Hiding In Plain Sight
- Delta SkyMiles Lowers Partner Award Costs To Europe! – Enclosure